Kentucky River Authority logo featuring trees and a river

Lock and Dam 14

Lock and Dam 14 were built from 1911-1917 and supports a pool of water that backs up into the forks. The original lock and dam were concrete structures. The structures are located two hundred and forty nine miles above the mouth of the Ohio River.


  • 1909-1915 Original construction of lock and dam
  • 1999 Sheet piling backfilled with gravel was placed across the main dam and capped with concrete, abutments were rebuilt with new release valves, derrick stone was placed below the dam, concrete cutoff wall was built in the lock chamber, lock filling valves were sealed


Locks and Dams