An Official Website of the Commonwealth of Kentucky
Lock and Dam 11 were built from 1904-1906 and support a twenty mile long pool of water. The original lock and dam were entirely built of concrete. The structures are located two hundred and one miles above the mouth of the Ohio River. A water release valve was installed in 1996 to transfer water down stream in times of drought.