Kentucky River Authority logo featuring trees and a river

Lock and Dam 10

Lock and Dam 10 were built from 1902-1905 and support a twenty four and a half mile long pool of water. The original lock and dam were built entirely of concrete. The structures are located one hundred seventy six miles above the mouth of the Ohio River. The Lock 10 property serves as host to the Kentucky River Museum.


  • 1902-1905 Original construction of lock and dam
  • 1906 Auxilary dam was constructed to close off where the esplanade washed out
  • 1993-1994 Derrick stone placed below the dam, sheet piling backfilled with gravel were placed upstream of the dam and capped with concrete, lock gates were reinforced and painted
  • 2004 Gap in the toe of the dam was filled in with concrete


Locks and Dams