Green Bank of Kentucky Program
Eligible Uses of Funds
Energy loans, including secondary loans, may be used for construction, upgrades or retrofits that are intended to result in reduced energy usage. Loans may, under certain circumstances, also be used to pay for certain administrative costs associated with an energy project. Projects may involve one or more measures for individual or multiple sites.
Green Bank loan funds can be used to:
- Switch from existing light bulbs or fixtures to those that use less electricity to produce the same amount of light.
- Replace a current heating system with a more economical heating system.
- Upgrade motors for cooling towers and air handlers.
- Perform energy audits (when part of an energy savings plan).
- Fund Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPCs).
- Install energy management systems.
- Install controls (including programmable thermostats and occupancy sensors).