11/24/2021 Please scroll to the bottom for new information
11/10/2021 Please scroll to bottom for updated link to Map
3/11/2022 Please scroll to the bottom for information on Address Evaluation Process
Application Period Opens: August 11, 2021
Submission Deadline: October 26, 2021 3:30 PM ET
- Release of RFP
- 1st Set of Vendors' Written Questions due by 12:00 PM ET
(Submit questions on Attachment D - Vendors' Question Form)
- Commonwealth's Response to Vendors' Written Questions
- Proposals due by 3:30 PM ET
- Public disclosure of the geographic scope of the broadband deployment project area applications. (5 business days after proposals are due)
- Challenges Due (32 calendar days)
- Post challenges found to be valid and the project areas affected by those challenges
RFP-758-2200000038 and all attachments associated with this RFP can be viewed and downloaded from the
Kentucky Vendor Self Service (VSS) site.
In accordance with the RFP, “4.0 Challenge Process", the map associated with the link below reflects the proposed project areas from responses received to this RFP to provide broadband services to unserved areas of Kentucky. Any challenge to a proposed project area must comply with section 4.0 Challenge Process. A challenger must submit its challenge no later than December 6, 2021 by 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
There are a few responses where the digital project area information is not yet complete. Once received the map will be updated and the Challenge period deadline for those project areas will be stated.
11/10/2021 - This notification is to post the update map that incorporates the following updates:
Projects areas were added for the following counties:
Edmonson and Warren
The challenge deadline for the above projects is Dec. 11th, 2021 @3:30PM ET
Project mapping in the following counties were revised from a county polygon to specific areas for those projects:
The challenge deadline for those projects remains Dec. 6th, 2021 @3:30PM ET (no change).
Kentucky Infrastructure Authority – Broadband Deployment Fund map:https://kygisportal.ky.gov/arcgis/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/df016f87762d449fb8d5d504c578819e
Broadband Deployment Fund Map
Below is a link to the address lists for each project application. The new challenge deadline is December 26, 2021 for currently posted address lists. The anticipated final update to the website with the new posted application address lists will be November 30, 2021 with a deadline of January 1, 2022 for challenges for these new address list.
The full complement of available data can be accessed here:
For more direct links pertaining to this round of proposals use the following:
- Address lists, as we have them, are available here:
- Geospatial data in decimal-degree NAD83 shapefile format are available here:
Note 1: Filenames containing the word Point provide discreet locations equivalent to addresses. For many of these datasets the attribute table includes actual addresses.
Note 2: Data provided through both links will be updated as we received additional information.
The Commonwealth received more than 17,000 challenged addresses from the Broadband Deployment Fund Grant Request for Proposals. The final deadline for challenges was on January 6th and the reviewers are exercising due diligence to ensure that the challenge determination process results in a final product that is valid, relevant, and consistent with the scope of the RFP.
When the address evaluation process is complete, each challenged applicant will receive:
- Correspondence explaining:
- All or part of their project area has been challenged and the type of challenge
- In accordance with state statute and the RFP, the applicant has the opportunity to amend their application removing the successfully challenged addresses
- An Excel spreadsheet containing a list of challenged addresses
The applicants will have 7 days to submit a revised application.