To apply for MWBE Certification, you must meet the following eligibility standards:
- The business must be 51% majority owned and controlled by women or racial or ethnic minority group members who are U.S. citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents.
- The current racial or ethnic minority and women owners:
- must have owned and operated the business for at least one full year.
- must have filed a federal business tax return consisting of one full year.
- The business:
- must be independently owned and operated and located in the United States.
- must have been continuously operating for at least one year.
- An out-of-state business:
- must be currently certified by its home state.
- must have a physical onsite review conducted by its home state within the last three years.
Racial and ethnic minority group members are African American, Hispanic American, Asian Pacific American, Subcontinent Asian American, or Native American.