To obtain documents held by the Finance and Administration Cabinet, submit an open records request directly with the Open Records Custodian. For quick, easy, and immediate access to electronic copies of state contracts, try searching the Open Door Portal before submitting a formal open records request.
Open Records Request Form L2001
Instructions to Requestors:
When applicable, include the Solicitation, RFB and/or RFP number along with the specific documents you are requesting. Without the descriptive name and/or identifying number, it is virtually impossible for the processing office of the agency to locate the documents. Should the proper information not be included, your request shall be deemed non-responsive.
If you are requesting procurement documents, including but not limited to competitors’ bids, said requests will be deemed to be for a “commercial purpose” unless the requestor can demonstrate otherwise. As such, the requestor will be required to pay a fee representing FAC’s staff time necessary to locate, review and compile your requests. [See KRS 61.874(4)]. The requestor will need to pay said fee in advance of receipt of any documents requested.
To obtain and/or confirm the descriptive name and identifying number of the documents requested, please refer to the Purchasing and eProcurement website at http://finance.ky.gov/services/eprocurement/Pages/default.aspx.
- On the left side under Purchasing and Procurement Services, click on Vendor Self Service (VSS) and Active Solicitations.
- On the left side click on Public Access.
- Use the Business Opportunities tab to view a list of solicitations. You may also search for specific solicitations through the keyword search.
Also, please verify that a contract has been awarded through the eProcurement website before requesting a copy of the Master Agreement and/or bid documents. If it has not been awarded, your request shall be deemed no documents responsive.
If you need assistance with locating solicitation information for your request, the Customer Resource Center can be reached by email at Finance.CRCGroup@ky.gov or phone (502-564-9641 or toll-free 877-973-HELP). The Help Desk is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. EST.
By statute, responses to open records requests are required within three business days after the Office of General Counsel’s receipt. Documents received prior to 3:00 p.m. EST shall be deemed received on that day; all requests received after 3:00 p.m. EST shall be deemed received on the following business day. Should the requested documents not be available within those three business days, a responsive letter will be sent with the approximate date of their availability.
Please note that the Office of General Counsel does not have direct access to any documents or information responsive to an open records request. This office is responsible for:
- monitoring the receipt of the request;
- forwarding the request to the respective Finance agency processing office;
- receiving the responsive documents from the agency processing office;
- reviewing the responsive documents for proprietary content; and,
- preparing the responsive letter to the requestor with an attachment containing the documents responsive to the request pursuant to KRS Chapter 61.
If you have any additional questions, contact the open records custodian at email@example.com.