The mission of the Green Bank of Kentucky is to promote energy efficiency in state buildings through competition for low interest loans to reduce operating costs, energy use, protect the environment, save taxpayer dollars, promote economic development, and create new “green collar” jobs by means of education, engineering analyses and building improvements.
Green Bank Programmatic Assistance
The Executive Advisory Loan Review Committee reviews loan applications, approves or denies applications for loans, and approves issuance of loan proceeds.
The membership of the loan committee is established by an administrative order from the Finance and Administration Cabinet. The Secretary of the Finance and Administration Cabinet serves as the Chair of the Committee. Members of the Loan Committee meet and adopt policies and procedures to ensure fair and equitable treatment to all applicants.
Members of the Executive Advisory Loan Review Committee include the:
- Secretary of the Finance and Administration Cabinet, or designee, who shall serve as Chair of the Committee;
- Executive Director, Office of Energy Policy, or their designee;
- State Budget Director, or designee;
- Commissioner of the Finance and Administration Cabinet's Department for Facilities and Support Services, or designee;
- Executive Director of the Finance and Administration Cabinet's Office of Controller or designee;
- Executive Director of the Finance and Administration Cabinet's Office of Financial Management or designee; and
- One person appointed by the Commissioner of the Department for Facilities and Support Services as an at-large technical advisor to the Loan Committee, which is subject to change depending upon the project.